The Executive Committee shall serve as the governing body over the African-American Resource Group. It shall consists of the following elected positions: Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Parliamentarian. It shall also consists of a Treasurer, who is appointed by the Office of Diversity Affairs.
The 2014-2016 Executive Committee
Chair: Dr. Terry Esper
Associate Professor, Supply Chain Management ~ Walton College of Business
Vice-Chair: Dr. Takama Statton-Brooks
Asst. Director of Residence Education ~ University Housing
Secretary: Dahlia Ashford
Academic Outreach Specialist ~ Diversity Affairs
Parliamentarian: J’onnelle Colbert-Diaz
Assistant Director/Grievance Officer ~ Office of Equal Opportunity & Compliance
Treasurer: Ella Lambey
Executive Assistant to VC for Diversity & Community
Standing Committees shall consist of no fewer than three members. The following committees shall be appointed by the Chair and shall serve one-year appointments with staggered terms.
The sub-committees are as follows:
Recruitment and Retention
Dr. Charles Robinson, Vice Chancellor for Diversity & Community
- Identify opportunities to welcome potential African American staff and faculty to the University;
- Identify and address barriers to retention of African American staff and faculty.
Dr. Elecia Smith, HR & Diversity Manager ~ College of Arts & Sciences
- Identify and develop future training programs and opportunities;
- Locate and inform membership of existing professional development opportunities.
Dr. Danielle L. Wood, Director of Equal Opportunity & Compliance
- Coordinate the nomination and election process;
- Use various mediums to send information considered to be important to the membership;
- Submit information about updates, events, and opportunities.
- Coordinate social activities of the resource group;
- Ensure refreshments are at the meeting when needed;
- Work with other sub-committees to assist in the organization of events.