The University of Arkansas envisions a world committed to inclusivity, where diversity, equity, access and civility are valued as a part of our culture, climate and everyday lives. To get there, we need the compassion, dedication and investment of our community and supporters.
The University’s Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strives to make this vision a reality by reinforcing inclusive excellence in everything we say and do -- it is central to the University’s academic and service mission. As the voice for diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) at the University, the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion touches every office, unit and department on and off campus.
- Ensure colleges, schools, centers, departments mentor faculty of color benefit research and teaching that leads to tenure and promotion.
- Create a Junior Fellows program and summer research opportunities for assistant professors and graduate students from underrepresented populations.
Graduate Assistantships Endowment
George Floyd Scholarship
IDEALS Training and Development
- University-supported minority and diversity initiatives
- Provide funding to support mentoring and coaching for faculty and staff
- Provide funding to support mentoring and coaching for students: SMILE (Students Making It Lighter Everyday): Mentoring Program
- Local, regional and statewide DEI training, consulting and advocacy through the work of the IDEALS Institute
Friends Fund Unrestricted:
- Student Emergency Funds
- Study Abroad
- Unforeseen Projects
- Support for Professional Experiences/Research
DEI Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships and Fellowships
DEI Alumni Societies Scholarships
Underrepresented Student, Faculty, and Staff Recruitment and Retention Initiatives
- Identity or Belonging Spaces for Underrepresented Students to increase recruitment, retention and graduation rates
- Employee Impact Groups -- support for professional development, connections, recruitment and retention of underrepresented faculty and staff
Victor A. Wilson
Fundraising to support scholarships and programs for the Office for Diversity Equity and Inclusion, and other Campus Priority Initiatives. Specialist in improving recruiting, retention, and graduation rates of underrepresented students. Mentor to African American male students and staff members.